Pollacia's Goodyear Shoe Hospital was located at 100 East First St. at the corner of Jefferson and East First.
The business was established in 1931 and was operated by Frank Pollacia from
1931 to 1938 and by Cinda and Frank Pollacia from 1938 to Dec. 31, 1976. With
the proximity to Camp Polk (now Fort Polk) numerous combat boots were prepared
for the military for WW II, Korea, and Vietnam. Local shoe / boot repair included
new soles, heels, patching, refinishing and dying.
On Nov. 2, 1981, the Pollacias sold the shoe repair machines to Duff Hooks.